- Hovedstaden (inkl. Nordsjælland)
STARK GROUP is the largest retailer and distributor of building materials in the Nordic region. STARK GROUP serves its customers through a finely meshed network of stores. Its customer base is broad, ranging from major contractors, builders and consumers to distributors and industries.
Business Controller for the largest retailer and distributor of building materials in the Nordics – STARK GROUP!
Do you have a strong understanding of financial business processes - and experience developing and improving them? Do you have proven business controlling capabilities as well as experience working with financial accounting principles? Do you have experience from a medium or large international company working directly with executive management? Do you enjoy building close relations with different functions and working with people at all levels? And finally, would you like to join a market leading company in the building industry?
Then you might be the person we are looking for!
For our client, STARK GROUP, we are searching for a Business Controller with a passion to join an international working environment in rapid development.
Based in STARK GROUP HQ in Søborg and reporting to the STARK GROUP Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), you will be responsible for delivering first class financial insight and analysis to the senior management executives at STARK GROUP HQ. You will be responsible for the performance management of STARK GROUP HQ and will monitor cost centre performance together with the cost centre owners and the Group’s executive management. You will be responsible for developing and subsequently maintaining the HQ management report portfolio. In addition, you will be the coordinator between STARK’s Finance Service Centre (FSC) based in Århus and the HQ cost centre owners. In this role, you will work to ensure there are efficient and effective financial processes, which facilitate timely and accurate reporting of the Group HQ costs.
Due to changes in the STARK GROUP finance function during the last 6 months the FP&A team (comprising the Head of FP&A, a Senior Business Partner and yourself) is in the process of establishing new processes and developing new reporting and monitoring tools. You will take a leading role in developing these processes and tools. Finally, you will lead the budget and forecast process for the HQ cost centres and perform ad hoc financial reporting tasks for STARK GROUP HQ.
Your key responsibilities
- As STARK GROUP’s new Business Controller, you are primarily responsible for:
- Supporting the Head of FP&A in keeping the overview of STARK GROUP HQ cost centre performance
- Acting as the liaison between STARK GROUP HQ and the FSC in Århus
- Leading the Group budget and forecasting processes for the STARK HQ cost centres
- Developing and monitoring the STARK GROUP cost recharge model
- Carrying out monthly financial reviews with STARK GROUP HQ cost centre owners
- Monitoring and improving financial processes between STARK HQ and the FSC
- Driving the development of performance evaluation methods and KPI’s for STARK GROUP HQ
- Preparing routine reports e.g. weekly/daily sales reports
- Back up for the Senior Business Partner, when necessary
- Taking responsibility for own performance in delivering on tasks and responsibilities
- Ad hoc driven analyses and reporting
- Ad hoc participation in project work with other Group functions or with the BUs
Your professional and personal qualifications
- Being the ideal candidate, we presume that you possess the following professional skills and qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience in performance monitoring and performance reporting
- Excel super user
- Good communication abilities, including strong language skills (English and Nordic languages)
- Experience with HFM is an advantage
- M.Sc degree with focus on business, finance & accounting or similar qualification
As a person, you are result-oriented and dynamic with a strong drive and passion for delivering first class results through focused and structured efforts. In addition to having a solid capacity to handle complex matters, you are an open-minded person with a strong team spirit. In short, your personal skills should include the following:
- Analytical mind-set
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously, prioritise and adapt to changing requirements/situations
- Ability to build relations across functions
- Structured approach
- Experience working with an offsite finance service center
Being the right candidate for the job, you are an outgoing, confident team player acting as a trustworthy sparring partner for the management team and being able to challenge decisions and processes while respecting the knowledge and needs of other people. You need to be able to work closely with all levels of the organisation and across functions whilst being anchored in Finance.
We are offering an attractive and challenging job with great career possibilities. Here is your chance to develop your personal and professional skills working with a strong market leader in a highly ambitious and professional environment.
The compensation will be in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply as soon as possible (in English or Danish) by clicking the “Apply” button and uploading your CV and application. For any additional information, please contact Jens Hein from Hartmanns by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +45 41 21 13 15
Hartmanns A/S will carry out the recruitment process. Therefore, all inquiries should be directed to Hartmanns. We will call in relevant candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, and we reserve the right to call in candidates prior to the application deadline.